The Marketplace Made Clear
Know how to use your Marketplace plan.
When the Affordable Care Act (ACA) started, Health Insurance Marketplaces (also called Exchanges) were set up. These marketplaces are designed to make it easier to shop for and compare health plans. The government manages the Marketplaces. They can be run by the state or national government – or sometimes the two work together.
How to shop for a Marketplace health plan
There’s one time of year when you can shop for Marketplace plans. It’s called Open Enrollment.
If you are a New York resident, here are the Open Enrollment dates for 2019 plans*:
- November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019
If you are a Massachusetts resident, here are the Open Enrollment dates for 2019 plans*:
- November 1, 2018 to January 23, 2019
*If you are a resident of a state other than New York or Massachusetts, your Open Enrollment dates may vary. To learn more, visit Health CareOpens a new window.
Open enrollment for 2018 plans ended January 31, 2018.
When Open Enrollment is over, most of the time you won’t be able to change your plan until the next year. There are only a few reasons you would be able make a change. You can find information about these “qualifying events” here.
Marketplace plans are designed to give you basic health benefits. You can check to see if you qualify for help with paying for your Marketplace plan. You can learn more at Health CareOpens a new window or call 1-844-joinUHC.
Helping you get the most out of your benefits.
See how you can get more out of your benefits by watching the video, “Using My Benefits”.
You’ll find information on:
- How to find your health plan details on myuhc.com®, or by downloading the mobile app.
- How to search for network doctors, clinics and hospitals, tests, services and treatments or conditions.
- How to find a network pharmacy and check to see if your medications are covered.
- Ways to manage costs, pay bills and view claims.
- How to get help to stay healthier and schedule checkups.
Helping you balance your care and costs.
Find tips to help avoid cost surprises in the video, “Avoiding Cost Surprises”.
You’ll find money-saving help, including:
- How and why to use your network.
- When and why you need referrals and where to get them.
- How network doctors, clinics and hospitals can save you money.
Attention: This website is operated by United HealthCare Services, Inc. and is not the Health Insurance Marketplace website.