TriTerm Medical Insurance
3-Year Short Term Insurance Underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company
Available in select states, TriTerm Medical is limited duration health insurance that lasts for nearly 36 months1 over 3 terms. It's designed to provide health insurance for a longer period of time than traditional short-term insurance with the types of benefits you and your family may be looking for.
Apply year round, not just during an enrollment period
Take steps to stay well - coverage for preventive care visits2
Get benefits for prescription costs - Rx coverage
Is it affordable health insurance for you? Check with a fast, free quote
If you are someone who isn't just looking for a cheap health insurance plan because you suspect the less you pay, the less you’ll be covered, then a Golden Rule Insurance Company UnitedHealthcare branded TriTerm Medical plan might be worth a look.
View Plans by State
Enter your ZIP code to see available plans in your area.
Why Choose a TriTerm Medical Insurance Plan?
- Other products you looked at didn't last long enough or had benefits that didn't fit your needs. These plans provide coverage just under 3 years and benefits that may work for you and your family.
- You like sticking with a brand you know. Golden Rule Insurance Company became part of UnitedHealthcare in 2003. Together, they have been selling personal insurance for more than 75 years and Short Term insurance for over 30 years.
- You’re not thrilled with health insurance alternatives. Some of those plans, for example, may be within your monthly budget, but you want a plan backed by consumer protections and regulations.
What Are the Features of TriTerm Medical Insurance?
- Preventive care coverage - Up to $200 per person, per term, so you can work on staying well. In select states, any preventive services a child on a plan qualifies for by age is covered.3 Also, child immunization services that qualify as preventive health care are exempt from deductibles, coinsurance amounts or copayments.4
- Office visits for injury or illness - With a Copay Select plan, pay a $50 per visit copay for the first 4 doctor office visits, per person, per term. That's 12 office visits over the life of your plan with no deductible to pay.4
- Prescription coverage - Once you pay your deductible, pay coinsurance for prescriptions. Many common prescriptions cost just a $25 copay when you choose the Copay Select Max or Direct plan.
- Apply once for just under 3 years of coverage - After you’re approved for TriTerm Medical health insurance, you don’t have reapply to have coverage for nearly 36 months over 3 terms. Your plan simply moves into the second and third terms when you get there.
- Network coverage - Nearly 1,300,000 physicians and other health care professionals and more than 6,000 hospitals and other medical facilities means UnitedHealthcare offers access to one the largest networks in the United States. There’s often going to be an in-network option for care nearby, and it may even be your current physician.5
- Benefits in a variety of areas - Some coverage for home health care, rehab, and hospice, and more.
Optional Accident Benefit6
Want a little extra help for unexpected injuries? Choose a Supplemental Accident benefit with your plan to help cover your deductible or other out-of-pocket medical expenses in case of accidental injuries.
Need something else?
Insurance products underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company suit almost any coverage needs. Dental, vision, accident, critical illness, and more—build the right package of coverage for you and your loved ones today.7
This coverage is not required to comply with certain federal market requirements for health insurance, principally those contained in the Affordable Care Act. Be sure to check your policy carefully to make sure you are aware of any exclusions or limitations regarding coverage of preexisting conditions or health benefits (such as hospitalization, emergency services, maternity care, preventive care, prescription drugs, and mental health and substance use disorder services). Your policy might also have lifetime and/or annual dollar limits on health benefits. If this coverage expires or you lose eligibility for this coverage, you might have to wait until an open enrollment period to get other health insurance coverage. Also, this coverage is not “minimum essential coverage.”
TriTerm Medical insurance is medically underwritten. In some states, it is available as association group insurance only to members of FACT, an independent association.
1 The coverage term is one day less than 3 years.
2 Preventive care benefits available after 6 month waiting period.
3 Subject to any applicable waiting periods, limits, deductibles, copays or coinsurance payments.
4 Benefits apply when you use a network provider.
5 UnitedHealth Group Annual Form 10-K for year ended 12/31/18.
6 Additional premium applies.
7 Separate application and premium required.
No individual applying for health coverage through the individual Marketplace will be discouraged from applying for benefits, turned down for coverage, or charged more premium because of health status, medical condition, mental illness claims experience, medical history, genetic information or health disability. In addition, no individual will be denied coverage based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation or source of income.
References to UnitedHealthcare pertain to each individual company or other UnitedHealthcare affiliated companies. Administrative services are provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates.
Products and services offered are underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, Health Plan of Nevada, Inc., Oxford Health Insurance, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc."
This policy is subject to various exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of the coverage, call (or write) your insurance agent or the company (whichever is applicable).