Vision insurance plans
See what Golden Rule Insurance Company vision insurance has to offer
Vision insurance is designed to help you cover and budget for ongoing vision care expenses like routine eye exams, prescription glasses and contact lenses.
Are you looking for vision insurance, or eye insurance? UnitedHealthcare offers vision plans underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company that feature:
- Coverage for people of all ages2
- No waiting periods
- Saving through a national network of vision service and eyewear providers
- Freedom to go out of network and still get benefits if you pay the difference between your plan allowance and your final cost
Golden Rule Insurance Company offers vision insurance in two ways
Buying standalone vision insurance plans
Vision insurance as a standalone plan4 has those same benefits and even more flexibility as you can choose a plan that covers glasses, contacts or both.
Combining dental and vision insurance
By adding a vision insurance rider to your dental insurance plan3 you get access to vision care plan benefits like routine eye exams, allowances for prescription glasses and contacts and discounts on other vision services.
We think you’ll like what you see when you read more about our vision plans in your search for the best vision insurance for you and your family
Need dental insurance too?
You can combine your dental & vision insurance to round out your health care coverage.
- UnitedHealthcare received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2013-2015, 2017-2018 (tied in 2018) Vision Plan Satisfaction Reports. Report measures opinions of consumers with vision plans. Visit www.jdpower.com/awards
- Primary insured must be 18 years of age or older.
- Available in most states. Additional premium required.
- Vision plans for individuals and families are available in AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI, WV and WY. This product is administered by Spectera, Inc. 12-month initial policy term required (not applicable in all states). See plan brochure for specific information.
No individual applying for health coverage through the individual Marketplace will be discouraged from applying for benefits, turned down for coverage, or charged more premium because of health status, medical condition, mental illness claims experience, medical history, genetic information or health disability. In addition, no individual will be denied coverage based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation or source of income.
References to UnitedHealthcare pertain to each individual company or other UnitedHealthcare affiliated companies.
Each company is a separate entity and is not responsible for another’s financial or contractual obligations.
Administrative services are provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates.
Products and services offered are underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, Health Plan of Nevada, Inc., Oxford Health Insurance, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc.
This policy is subject to various exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of the coverage, call (or write) your insurance agent or the company (whichever is applicable).